Login or Create an Account
Michael Vergauwen Scholarship
Create a New Account
This scholarship honors the legacy Michael Vergauwen, late COO of AVI Systems and long-time AVIXA board member. This scholarship is aimed at students in pursuit of a technical or advanced degree towards an audiovisual career.
- Be a graduating secondary/high school student enrolled in an undergraduate program, enrolled in a degree program at a technical or community college, or graduate school candidate
- Major in audiovisual-related field(s), such as audio, video, audiovisual, music production, radio/television/film broadcast, IT, media and content, retail design, or another program related to careers in the audiovisual industry
- Show proof of enrollment as a full-time or substantial part-time (minimum 6-9 credit hours) where the student plans to complete his or her degree
- Maintain good standing as a student and achieve at least a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent standard based on the region in the world)
- Demonstrates keen interest in an AV career through studies and extracurricular activities
*Recipients under 21 may bring a parent or guest.
In addition, the recipient receives complimentary AVIXA Student Membership, is offered a place in an industry mentor program, and a free trip to the annual InfoComm US trade show.